As a woman business leader, your days are often jam-packed with meetings, calls, and deadlines (not to mention squeezing in caring for kids, parents, friends, employees, and yourself). It’s easy to feel like you’re constantly burning out and playing catch-up. That’s why I’ve created this guide to the ultimate morning routine! A thoughtful morning routine can:
- Boost Your Energy Levels – Starting your day with a healthy breakfast, exercise, or meditation can help boost your energy levels and give you the energy you need to tackle your day.
- Reduces Stress – There is nothing I hate more than rushing to get ready, kicking the kids out of the car at school, and trying to get to the office before my first appointment of the day. Designing your ultimate morning routine will help reduce stress and increase your sense of well-being because you’ll start your day in a calm and organized way instead of rushing around.
- Increased Focus and Productivity – When you have a set routine in the morning, you’re able to focus on the important tasks at hand and be more productive throughout the day. Your ultimate morning routine might include time for planning, prioritizing, and setting goals to help you stay focused and on track all day. By starting your day with a clear plan of action, you can stay organized and productive, even when unexpected challenges arise.
So, what does the ultimate morning routine for a woman business leader look like? It’s different for everyone! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Wake up early – just kidding! I hate getting up early. Our society has fooled us into thinking that “the early bird gets the worm” and that we need to get up at 4 am. If you like getting up early, go for it! Some of us (ahem) need the sleep. Work with your natural rhythm – if you’re at your best mid-day or in the evening, try creating a list of priorities and blocking off the time in your calendar to work on priorities then.
- Drink water – not kidding about this one. Staying hydrated is essential for overall health and well-being. Drinking water first thing in the morning can help kickstart your metabolism and boost your natural energy. Feeling sluggish during the day? Have a cold glass of ice water to shake it off.
- Movement – Getting in some exercise in the morning can help boost your energy levels and reduce stress. Whether it’s a walk, yoga, or a few minutes of tooling around in the garden, getting your blood pumping can help set a positive tone for the day. Bonus points for getting out in the sunshine.
- Plan for nutrition – I’m not much of a breakfast person, so I don’t pressure myself to eat first thing in the morning. But I plan to have something nutritious on-hand when hunger strikes. Having an apple or a handful of almonds and some string cheese means I’m not looking for the nearest drive-thru later. You have to fuel your body and mind with protein, healthy fats, and complex carbohydrates to stay energized throughout the day.
- Meditate or practice mindfulness – Taking a few minutes to meditate or practice mindfulness can help reduce stress and increase focus. Even just a few minutes of deep breathing or mindful meditation can help calm your mind and set a positive tone for the day.
- Set goals for the day – saved the best for last. This is the number one most important thing you can do as part of your ultimate morning routine. Write down your top priorities for the day – who you need to follow up with, appointments you need to make, and tasks you need to complete – and create a plan of action to accomplish them. Taking a few minutes to set goals and plan your day can help you stay organized and focused, no matter what the day throws at you.
You’re just a few easy steps away from creating your ultimate morning routine. Need help? Sign up for my free week-long video course and get The Catalyst Morning Journal. By starting your day with healthy habits and a clear plan of action, you can boost your energy levels, reduce stress, and increase focus and productivity.